Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA recently! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks! Black Friday is quickly approaching us, which is a busy time for the marketing team at Bigley’s. I’ve also been hitting up the gym more frequently, which has been awesome, but has cut into my blogging time a bit! Hopefully once we get through Black Friday I’ll be able to juggle my extra time between the gym and blogging a little better! However, I’m super excited to show you this look! This was my “outfit of the day”, one day last week. It’s a great outfit for transitioning from fall to winter.
This coat is by Lyla + Luxe. One of the things that I love most about this coat is that it’s a very stretchy material, which makes it even more comfortable then it looks. I also love the colour. If you keep up-to-date with fashion trends, you’ve probably heard over and over again that olive is the neutral of the season. And to be honest, I couldn’t be happier about that. Whether it’s trending or not, olive has always been one of my favourite colours to wear. PS. (totally off topic) but I just want to clarify that in Canada we spell ‘favourite’ and ‘colour’ with a U lol. A few American readers have kindly reached out to let me know I’ve been spelling those words wrong, however for some reason here in Canada we spell them a little differently! Just wanted to clear that up! haha. Anywho, back to this coat. I love the length of it as well. Not only does it add a bit more warmth, and allows you to dress it up if need be. I decided to keep it pretty casual here, but a little bootie with a heel would be super cute as well.
The sweater I’m wearing is by French Connection. This sweater is so extremely warm. It also looks great on its own. It’s a great neutral, cozy sweater to wear with a pair of jeans. However, if you have a problem with wearing wool sweaters due to them feeling itchy, I wouldn’t recommend this sweater to you. As warm and cozy as it is, it does feel a little itchy on the skin.
The boots I’m wearing are by Ten Points, which is a fairly new brand that Bigley’s is carrying. One thing that I love about these boots is that they’re made with VEGETABLE tanned leather. They’re a great ‘everyday’ boot. They’re a little more casual but still pull the outfit together, to appear classy and stylish. They’re also available in dark blue.
My purse is by Fossil, and is available in store at Bigley Shoes & Clothing.
SHOP: Lyla + Luxe coat, French Connection sweater, Ten Points boots, similar Hudson Jeans
Today was the first day that the temperature really dropped, here in Bobcaygeon. Once again, we’re coming up to that transition period between fall and winter. Putting together outfits around this time can sometimes be a little tricky. Especially if you still want to look stylish, but stay warm at the same time (without wearing a full on winter coat). That’s one of the reasons I love this look.
This jacket is so insanely warm and cozy, it blew me away! It’s soooo soft, it almost feels like you’re walking around in a cozy bathrobe lol. It’s by BB Dakota, and one of my fav items at the moment. When I had it on today, I received SO many compliments on it. Again, if you haven’t already noticed, I LOVE neutral pieces. I wore a burgundy top under it, to go with my boots. However, you could pretty much rock any colour you wanted with it.
The boots I’m wearing are by Michael Kors. They’re actually the exact same as the taupe ones I wore in this post here. The only difference is these ones have a small block heel on them. If you want more info on them, check out this blog post. It will give you more deets.
The purse I’m carrying is actually by Celine Dion. Celine Dion just recently launched her handbag line, and all of them are STUNNING. I love the gold detail on it, I feel like it really makes this look pop. Find more Celine Dion bags here.
SHOP: Michael Kors boots , Celine Dion purse , BB Dakota jacket ,
I told you guys my next post was going to be about my hair, but when I put this look together today I got so excited, I had to bump it to the front of the line! But all the details about my hair will be next! Promise!
I’ve been eyeing these boots ever since they arrived at Bigley’s, and when I paired them with this vest I knew I HAD to have them! These boots are by Michael Kors. They’re available in burgundy and black as well. I could go on for days about these boots, but I’ll try to keep it short and sweet! One of the main reasons I love them so much, is how versatile they are. You could dress them up and wear them with a dress or a skirt. Or you could pair them with something more casual, like I did here or with a oversized sweater and leggings. I also love the colour. It’s the perfect neutral, meaning outfit options are endless! Another thing I should point out is how stretchy they are. One of my girlfriends always has trouble finding tall boots that fit her calf, but these ones fit no problem! The tie detail at the top also helps with this. Also can we talk about how cute the silver chain detail around the heel is?! LOVE! Needless to say, these will be a pair of my go-to boots for fall and winter!
Moving on to this ADORABLE vest. It’s by Cupcakes & Cashmere. Again, the colour is the first thing I fell in love with. It’s neutral, and can be worn with numerous things, numerous different ways (over a dress, over a top and skirt, over a long sweater and leggings, etc.). Not to mention, it’s SOOOOO cozy! It’s the perfect definition of comfort and style. So again, this will be another key piece for me the next couple of seasons.
I paired it with a basic cream sweater underneath, and added this super cute Fossil purse, which is actually a brand spanken new arrival at Bigley’s.
SHOP: Cupcakes & Cashmere sweater , Michael Kors boots
I recently went on another little shopping spree at Bigley’s. I realized that out of everything I was trying on, I kept falling in love with Parker dresses. Which actually worked out in my favour, considering they’re 40% off right now. When I tried on this dress in particular, I knew I HAD to have it.
I love the detail in this dress. The embroidery around the neckline and the embroidery throughout the dress, make it such a stunning piece. The cold shoulders, ruffle sleeves and bottom also make it super trendy for summer.
Normally I would wear a pair of wedges with this dress, such as these. However, when I took these pictures I was actually working at the Beach House. The Michael Kors sandals I’m wearing are my go-to sandals for work, considering they provide total comfort throughout a whole day of being on your feet.
The sunglasses I’m wearing are also from Bigleys. They have SO many chic and stylish sunnies this season, and they just top off any look.
SHOP:Michael Kors Sandals, Parker dress
Throughout the hot summer months, dresses are a go-to item for me. I find them convenient to just slip on and go. As you’ve probably noticed, I’m also all about versatile pieces. Meaning, items I can wear to a variety of different occasions. I love this dress in particular, for that reason. You can wear it to a backyard BBQ, or you can add some cute wedges and wear it to something a little more formal.
This dress is by Mink Pink. The floral print and ruffle detail on the sleeves make it a super trendy piece for summer. I also love how the tie up detail around the center makes it very slimming! If you’re still working on that summer bod (I know I sure am!), then you will appreciate this dress even more!
The wedges I’m wearing are by Dolce Vita. I wore these wedges for the first time to a graduation recently, and I was thrilled with how comfortable they are. The leather is so soft, it causes absolutely no blistering. The fact that the heel is slightly lower also adds that much more comfort.
SHOP: Mink Pink dress
Dolce Vita Wedges
It’s that time of year again! Bigley Shoes & Clothing is currently having their 106th Anniversary Sale! Almost everything is on sale, going up to 50% OFF storewide! I’ve put together a round-up of some of my favourite items. Most of these pieces I already have, however the ones that I don’t have I’ll definitely be purchasing while they’re on sale. Also, check out the site to find some other sweet deals! Birkenstocks are currently 10% off, and they VERY rarely go on sale, so if you’re in need of some Birks for summer, I recommend buying them now.
- RELIC- Callie Pineapple Applique Double Shoulder Bag- 10% OFF: I absolutely love this bag. Relic is the same designer as Fossil, however Relic handbags are much more affordable then a typical Fossil handbag. Plus Relic bags are currently 10% OFF, making it only $73.80. I think this is such a statement piece, and perfect for summer!
- SPIRITUAL GANGSTER- Good Vibes Arch Sweatpants- 10% OFF: I’m all about a good pair of comfy sweat pants, and I love the message on these Spiritual Gangster ones. They’re super soft, and perfect for a lazy Sunday. Spiritual Gangster is a fairly new brand for Bigley’s, but so far it’s had a very good reaction.
- DEX- Montana Shorts- 10% OFF: These high rise Dex shorts will definitely be a go-to for me this summer. They’re currently 10% OFF, making them only $53.10! I love the detail in them.
- MICHAEL KORS- Geri Leather Slide- 25% OFF: These shoes have literally been my go-to shoes all spring! They’re currently my favourite shoes by far. I love them because they’re so easy to just slide on and pair with so many different looks. I’m even wearing them in my last blog post. They’re 25% OFF right now, making them around $130. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- SAM EDELMAN- Henne Bow Slide- 10% OFF: I recently purchased these last week, as I’ve been eyeing them for quite some time. I think they’re such a cute statement sandal for summer.
- DOLCE VITA- Effie Heels- 10% OFF: I’ve seen multiple fashion bloggers wearing these shoes this season, and for good reason– they’re SO comfortable! The leather is so soft that even you’re first couple times wearing them, you won’t get any blisters. The heel is also very easy to walk in.
- DEX- Phoenix Relaxed Crop Jeans- 10% OFF: These are a staple piece for me this spring/summer. They’re also only $80.10! And if you buy a second pair of pants (any pants in the store), you receive 50% OFF the second pair. However, that offer is only applicable in store.
- EBERJEY- Margarita Bikini- 10% OFF: Eberjey is a new brand that Bigley’s just picked up this season. All Eberjey suits are so soft and comfortable. I also love how their styles are so sweet and chic.
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Brynn Eyelet Romper- 10% OFF: Once again, I’ve recently seen a lot of fashion bloggers wearing this romper. It’s such an easy piece to throw on, and instantly look stylish. This is one of those pieces that you can literally wear anywhere. You can throw on some cute sandals and wear it out shopping with the girls, or you can spice it up with a pair of wedges and some accessories and wear it somewhere a little more formal.
- HUNTER- Original Tall Gloss- 25% OFF: I absolutely love the colour of these Hunters. They’re also 25% OFF, which rarely happens. However, there are only a couple of sizes left, so act now if you’re interested!
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Emanual Top- 10% OFF: I own this top and I love it. It’s the perfect fun and flirty top for summer, to go with a pair of jean shorts or white capris. It’s also under $100.
- FOXY ORIGINALS- Flamingo Earrings- 10% OFF: How cute are these earrings!? They also come in silver, and there’s really cute palm tree ones as well. Such a cute gift idea. I’m getting married soon and my wedding is going to be very tropical as we’re having it in South Florida. I thought these would be such a cute gift for my bridesmaids. They’re also only $27.00 right now! Such a steal!
“Dressing well is a form of good manners”, Tom Ford once stated. I believe this statement means, if you’ve gone to the effort of dressing your best (or well), it shows a sign of respect to whoever crosses your path or whoever you have planned to meet. This doesn’t mean you have to dress like you’re meeting the Queen everyday. It means dress respectively for the occasion.
I recommend buying statement pieces that can easily been paired with basics, for quick and easy stylish looks. For instance, the grey Soia & Kyo coat I’m wearing is a go-to statement piece for me (ps. it’s on sale right now!). Everything else in this look is very plain and simple. I love it because this outfit literally takes no effort at all, yet looks super trendy. It’s also very versatile. I wear this to the office yet I’ve worn this to host a fashion show recently, as well.
Now don’t get me wrong, this coat is once again an investment piece. However, it’s not an item that I’m only going to wear for one season. It’s incredibly good quality, therefore it’s not easily replaceable. Yes, I could potentially go to a store such as Forever 21 and find something somewhat similar, but I will most likely only get two or three washes out of it, and have to throw it away. I have no problem spending a little extra money on a piece that’s worth it.
I also want to point out my love for the jeans I’m wearing. They’re by Yoga Jeans. Yoga Jeans have a five-way stretch, therefore they’re extremely comfortable! I have yet to see someone try these on and NOT fall in love with them. I also love the zipper detail on the bottom.
Last but not least, I can’t go without talking about the Michael Kors shoes that I’m wearing. I’ve worn these shoes more then any other pair of shoes that I own this spring. Once again, they add a statement to the most basic looks. They’re so easy to slide on and they go with almost everything. They’re 100% my favourite pair of shoes right now.
SHOP: Soi & Kyo coat, Yoga jeans, Michael Kors shoes, DEX t-shirt