If you are someone who finds yourself scrambling to put together a Halloween costume a few days before celebrations begin, then this post is for you. I personally like to plan ahead when it comes to deciding on my costume. Bu that doesn’t mean I haven’t been in a situation where I need a creative costume in a pinch. For a little extra inspiration, take a peek below at these 5 last minute costume ideas…
1. REGINA GEORGE FROM MEAN GIRLS. You probably have every item in your closet already. Just cut two (strategically placed) holes in an old tank top and viola! Bonus points if you can find an “R” necklace.
2. PIPPI LONGSTOCKING. To be Pippi, all you have to do is find the most mismatched things in your closet and throw them together to make one outfit. Stripes, polka dots, and plaid are great for clashing. Then, just take a wire hanger, bend it upward for your pigtails, and se some temporary red hairspray for Pippi’s ‘do. For the finishing touch, dot your nose and cheeks with brown eyeliner to create some fake freckles.
3. MARILYN MONROE. All you really need is a white dress, white pumps, blonde curls, and red lips. Don’t forget her signature beauty mark– use eyeliner to a draw a little black dot at the corner of your lip.
4. NERD. A nerd costume is so easy to put together, and you can make it as feminine or tomboy as you would like (think shorts vs. skirt).
5. TWIGGY. Twiggy is one of my favorite fashion icons, and her look makes for an adorable and easy costume. Grab your favorite shift dress, some statement earrings, and Mary Jane flats. The most important part of this costume is to recreate her signature eyeliner makeup look. Draw on bold lines with liquid eyeliner and draw lashes on your lower lid. For a tutorial on this, click here!