Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope everyone had an incredible weekend and St. Patty’s Day! I just stayed in and worked most of the weekend, to be honest. Lately I’ve preferred to stay in with Zelda (my new puppy) on the weekends. She still has to get one more shot before I can start taking her to public places (which she is getting on Friday). So playing, training, and spending time with her is one of my top priorities right now!
However, I did get out to do a quick photoshoot with this AMAZING pink blazer! The moment I saw this blazer, I fell in love. As most of you know, I’m OBSESSED with pink, so this was a jaw dropper for me. It’s by Bardot and I ordered mine from Nordstrom, however they sold out almost immediately. They do still have a couple available at Revolve, which I’ll link here. I love how unique it is. It’s definitely not a piece that you see on a regular basis. It’s very comfortable, and it fits true to size. I’m wearing a medium.
The jeans I’m wearing are by Hudson, and they’re available here, at Bigley Shoes & Clothing. 80% of my jeans are by Hudson. Although they’re a bit of an investment piece, they fit like a glove and are incredibly comfortable.
The shoes I’m wearing are by Hispinita. They’re also from Bigley Shoes & Clothing. They’re currently only available in store but will be available online very soon.
SHOP: Bardot blazer, Hudson jeans,
Well, the winter season is officially in full force. Especially here in Canada. This look has been my go-to look lately.
This coat is by J Crew. I love having a statement coat that I can wear on a daily basis, that is stylish but still keeps me warm. This coat comes in numerous different colours, but I’m a huge fan of this blush colour. I’ve mentioned before that this colour is very on trend right now. However, I’m a pink lover whether it’s trending or not! I also love the gold detail, and the pockets and hood make it very practical. Although J Crew coats tend to be a little pricey, they will last for years.
Hunter boots have been trending for numerous years now, and there’s a reason for it. Not only are they super practical, considering they’re 100% waterproof, they’ve also become a fashion statement. They’re also great for EVERY season. In the winter, I line mine with the Hunter boot socks in order to make them a little warmer. Personally, I like the tall black gloss, because they’re so versatile and can be worn with so many different looks. They’re always one of my go-to boots.
My boots, hat, and leggings are all from Bigley’s.
Hue leggings are my favourite because they last forever, there’s so many different colours and styles, and these ones in particular are super warm!
Many of you are already aware that Bigley Shoes & Clothing is my go-to place to shop. Not just because I work there and it’s our family biz, but because they literally have everything I could possibly want or need when it comes to fashion. This gift guide provides a variety of different items from Bigley’s, that I personally would love to receive for Christmas. Therefore, if you’re shopping for a girly girl like myself, and are in need a few ideas, hopefully this guide can help!
- Mackage Atlas Pebble Leather Envelop Wallet: Mackage is a Canadian designer out of Montreal. I’m a sucker for Mackage accessories, mainly because the quality is incredible. I love the size of this wallet in particular, because it’s big enough to use a clutch, but small enough to throw in a larger bag if need be. I also love the colour. As I’m sure many of you are aware- blush is a huge trend right now. It adds a statement to any outfit. However, it’s also available in black if your looking for something a little more neutral.
- UGG Dakota Metallic slippers: I don’t know about you, but I basically live in slippers throughout the winter season. And these UGG ones are my fav! I currently have them in camel, but I’ve been eyeing these grey ones. They’re SO cozy and comfy, and let’s be honest- every girl needs a pair of cozy slippers!
- Fossil Pink Stone Rose Gold Earrings: So, funny story- I JUST got my ears pierced like two months ago! And yes…I’m 25 years old lol. I was always too chicken, but now that I have them done I’ve become OBSESSED with earrings! These gorgeous Fossil studs are definitely on my Christmas wish list.
- Celine Dion Interval Clutch: Celine Dion recently came out with a new handbag line, and Bigley’s was one of the first stores to launch it in Canada. Her stuff is gorgeous, but this clutch in particular is one my favs. I love the detail, and I love how versatile it is due to its neutral colour. It’s also available in burgundy and black.
- Brume Nunavut Fur Mitts: These are an extremely good pair of high quality mitts. You’re hands definitely won’t be getting cold with these on. I love how unique they are. I highly doubt you’ll find someone wearing the same mitts as you!
- Fossil Jaqueline Three-hand Leather Watch: Watches have quickly become the definition of arm candy. They can add sophistication or glam to any look. I have a gold Fossil watch that I wear almost daily, but I love the colour of this one. Again, it’s that trendy blush colour, which will add a statement to your look. I can almost guarantee you that any girl would be happy to receive a Fossil watch for Christmas. Bigley’s has numerous different styles to choose from.
- PJ Salvage Haute Spot PJ Set: If you have not yet tried PJ Salvage pajamas, you’re seriously missing out! They’re by far the comfiest pajamas I’ve ever owned, to the point that I rarely wear anything other then PJ Salvage to bed. On top of that, they’re so stinkin’ CUTE! These polka dot ones are on my Christmas wish list, but Bigleys has so many other adorable options as well.
- Michael Kors Jamie Faux-suede Boots: I’ve talked about these boots in previous blog posts, but I couldn’t create a gift guide without including them. I personally already have these boots, and they’ve been one of my go-to’s this season. They’re extremely comfortable and stretchy. Therefore, if you have trouble finding over-the-knee boots that fit your calf, it’s unlikely that, that will be a problem for you with these. I love how they can easily be dressed up or down. Sometimes I wear them with jeans, and sometimes I dress them up and wear them with a skirt or dress. They’re also available in black and burgundy. I highly recommend!
- Cupcakes & Cashmere Prilla Fringe Sweater: I absolutely adore this sweater. I love the flared arms, cable-knit detail, and fringe at the bottom. It’s casual yet stylish and cute. It’s the perfect everyday sweater that I’m sure lots of girls will love!
- Lampe Berger the Cude Scented Boquet Lavender Fields: This is a great gift for anyone. They can place it anywhere in their home, and it gives off an amazing scent. I personally always keep one in my bathroom. This is one of my favourite scents but there’s lots to choose from. It’s decorative and smells amazing. Great gift for your boss, the host, secret Santa, or even your friends and family.
- Secrid Mini-wallet: I honestly feel like everyone should have one of these now-a-days. This is a cardholder that protects all of your information. With technology now, there are ways that people can descreetly scan your purse or wallet and steal all of your personal information (credit card info, personal identity etc.). It’s scary! However, secrid wallets provide a Cardprotector so this doesn’t happen.
- PJ Salvage Modal Basic Nightshirt: I’ve already explained how amazing PJ Salvage pajamas are. I like the nightshirts because they’re lightweight, easy to throw on, and still super comfy. It also comes in black and grey. I assure you, any girl you gift this to will be raving about it for months.
Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA recently! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks! Black Friday is quickly approaching us, which is a busy time for the marketing team at Bigley’s. I’ve also been hitting up the gym more frequently, which has been awesome, but has cut into my blogging time a bit! Hopefully once we get through Black Friday I’ll be able to juggle my extra time between the gym and blogging a little better! However, I’m super excited to show you this look! This was my “outfit of the day”, one day last week. It’s a great outfit for transitioning from fall to winter.
This coat is by Lyla + Luxe. One of the things that I love most about this coat is that it’s a very stretchy material, which makes it even more comfortable then it looks. I also love the colour. If you keep up-to-date with fashion trends, you’ve probably heard over and over again that olive is the neutral of the season. And to be honest, I couldn’t be happier about that. Whether it’s trending or not, olive has always been one of my favourite colours to wear. PS. (totally off topic) but I just want to clarify that in Canada we spell ‘favourite’ and ‘colour’ with a U lol. A few American readers have kindly reached out to let me know I’ve been spelling those words wrong, however for some reason here in Canada we spell them a little differently! Just wanted to clear that up! haha. Anywho, back to this coat. I love the length of it as well. Not only does it add a bit more warmth, and allows you to dress it up if need be. I decided to keep it pretty casual here, but a little bootie with a heel would be super cute as well.
The sweater I’m wearing is by French Connection. This sweater is so extremely warm. It also looks great on its own. It’s a great neutral, cozy sweater to wear with a pair of jeans. However, if you have a problem with wearing wool sweaters due to them feeling itchy, I wouldn’t recommend this sweater to you. As warm and cozy as it is, it does feel a little itchy on the skin.
The boots I’m wearing are by Ten Points, which is a fairly new brand that Bigley’s is carrying. One thing that I love about these boots is that they’re made with VEGETABLE tanned leather. They’re a great ‘everyday’ boot. They’re a little more casual but still pull the outfit together, to appear classy and stylish. They’re also available in dark blue.
My purse is by Fossil, and is available in store at Bigley Shoes & Clothing.
SHOP: Lyla + Luxe coat, French Connection sweater, Ten Points boots, similar Hudson Jeans
Today was the first day that the temperature really dropped, here in Bobcaygeon. Once again, we’re coming up to that transition period between fall and winter. Putting together outfits around this time can sometimes be a little tricky. Especially if you still want to look stylish, but stay warm at the same time (without wearing a full on winter coat). That’s one of the reasons I love this look.
This jacket is so insanely warm and cozy, it blew me away! It’s soooo soft, it almost feels like you’re walking around in a cozy bathrobe lol. It’s by BB Dakota, and one of my fav items at the moment. When I had it on today, I received SO many compliments on it. Again, if you haven’t already noticed, I LOVE neutral pieces. I wore a burgundy top under it, to go with my boots. However, you could pretty much rock any colour you wanted with it.
The boots I’m wearing are by Michael Kors. They’re actually the exact same as the taupe ones I wore in this post here. The only difference is these ones have a small block heel on them. If you want more info on them, check out this blog post. It will give you more deets.
The purse I’m carrying is actually by Celine Dion. Celine Dion just recently launched her handbag line, and all of them are STUNNING. I love the gold detail on it, I feel like it really makes this look pop. Find more Celine Dion bags here.
SHOP: Michael Kors boots , Celine Dion purse , BB Dakota jacket ,
I told you guys my next post was going to be about my hair, but when I put this look together today I got so excited, I had to bump it to the front of the line! But all the details about my hair will be next! Promise!
I’ve been eyeing these boots ever since they arrived at Bigley’s, and when I paired them with this vest I knew I HAD to have them! These boots are by Michael Kors. They’re available in burgundy and black as well. I could go on for days about these boots, but I’ll try to keep it short and sweet! One of the main reasons I love them so much, is how versatile they are. You could dress them up and wear them with a dress or a skirt. Or you could pair them with something more casual, like I did here or with a oversized sweater and leggings. I also love the colour. It’s the perfect neutral, meaning outfit options are endless! Another thing I should point out is how stretchy they are. One of my girlfriends always has trouble finding tall boots that fit her calf, but these ones fit no problem! The tie detail at the top also helps with this. Also can we talk about how cute the silver chain detail around the heel is?! LOVE! Needless to say, these will be a pair of my go-to boots for fall and winter!
Moving on to this ADORABLE vest. It’s by Cupcakes & Cashmere. Again, the colour is the first thing I fell in love with. It’s neutral, and can be worn with numerous things, numerous different ways (over a dress, over a top and skirt, over a long sweater and leggings, etc.). Not to mention, it’s SOOOOO cozy! It’s the perfect definition of comfort and style. So again, this will be another key piece for me the next couple of seasons.
I paired it with a basic cream sweater underneath, and added this super cute Fossil purse, which is actually a brand spanken new arrival at Bigley’s.
SHOP: Cupcakes & Cashmere sweater , Michael Kors boots
Fall has officially started. However, here in Bobcaygeon the weather is giving us mixed signals. One day it’s hot like July, and other days it’s freezing like January. This look is perfect for those days when you just don’t know what to expect, when it comes to the weather. If it’s cooler you have the cardigan to keep you warm, and if it warms up you can just drop the cardi.
Bigley’s has been receiving new arrivals on the daily, and now that I’m back to work full-time, it’s hard to keep my hands off of all the new goodies. I was trying this dress and sweater on the other day, and I loved how comfortable it was. But I wanted to find a cute pair of shoes for it, in order to give it a little bit more sass. Needless to say, these amazing booties were exactly what I was looking for.
These booties are by Gerry Weber, a new brand Bigley’s just started carrying this season. I’ve been wearing them to work all day long, and they’re extremely comfortable. I love how they add the perfect amount of edginess to the look. They can be worn with rolled up jeans and a cute shirt, or with a cute little dress like I’m wearing here. They’re definitely a go-to bootie for me this fall and winter season.
The dress and cardigan I’m wearing are by BB Dakota. Both these items are sooooooo comfortable! I literally feel like I’m in pajamas at work. The dress is also super cute on its on. It’s a tank style top (no sleeves). This cardigan is also a perfect go-to basic for fall and winter. It’s easy to throw on with leggings and high boots, or just over top of a t-shirt and jeans. There’s so many different ways you can wear it, it’s a piece you can’t go wrong with.
To top off the look I threw on this cute little hat, which is available at Bigley’s Beach House.
Here is another look I recently styled for a photoshoot for Bigley’s, with the Gerry Weber booties.
SHOP: BB Dakota cardigan, Gerry Weber booties, BB Dakota dress