Even though it’s only mid-August, before you know, fall will be approaching us. Buying new clothes is always difficult when transitioning from one season to another.
When transitioning from summer to fall, cut-off jeans have always been a go-to for me. The Hudson jeans I’m wearing are amazing for this time period. I actually wore these very frequently when transitioning from spring to summer. They’re trendy and super easy to pair with almost anything. If it’s a cooler day, pair them with a cozy or light weight sweater. If it’s warmer, throw on a cute t-shirt with them. I’ve worn these so much, and I’ll continue to wear them into the fall season.
The sweater I’m wearing is by Cupcakes and Cashmere. I’ve worn this recently on cool summer nights, and again, I’ll continue wearing it into the fall and winter seasons. On a side note, it’s currently 40% off at Bigleys (for a limited time only), which is such a steal! It’s stylish, cozy, and a staple peice that you literally can’t go wrong with!
I accessorized this look with stark white pieces, to add a nice, bright summer flare. Statement sneakers really make this look pop.
SHOP: Cupcakes and Cashmere sweater,
I’m pretty sure 90% of the blog posts I’ve done this summer have consisted of dresses, but I can’t help it! Dresses have literally been allll I’ve been wearing lately! However, I’ve been showing you guys my absolute favourites, and I have to add this one to the list!
This dress is by the same designer as a couple of the recent dresses I’ve wrote about- Parker. I wasn’t kidding when I said I stalked up on Parker dresses. They’ve definitely played a major part in my summer wardrobe.
I love how Parker dresses are super stylish and trendy, yet youthful at the same time. They always add so much detail to each garment. This one in particular has the ruffle detail at the top, and black embroidery throughout the top and bottom. The white pin-stripe also makes it a classic.
Here’s the most exciting part of this whole blog post- PARKER IS CURRENTLY 50% OFF AT BIGLEY’S!! How could you possibly go wrong?!
The hat I’m wearing is available at Bigleys Beach House, and is currently 10% off. It’s such a cute touch. The shoes I’m wearing are by Michael Kors. There’s only a few sizes left, however they’re currently 30% off at Bigleys, and they also come in a cognac colour.
SHOP: Parker dress , Michael Kors shoes
My mom and I recently went to the Miami Swim Show to do the Spring/2018 buy for Bigley’s Beach House. We decided to stay at the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. I’ve been there to eat and hang out by the pool a couple times before, however this was the first time I had the opportunity to actually stay there. We stayed there for four nights, and it was absolute paradise.
I’m currently in the process of my planning my wedding, and my fiancé and I both liked the idea of having it at Margaritaville. Therefore, my mom and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to meet with the wedding planner and check out the venue. To say I fell in love is an understatement.
Margaritaville is inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of singer/songwriter, Jimmy Buffet. It’s an extremely “chill” atmosphere, surrounded by island vibes. The decor and design of the resort is absolutely stunning. When I explain it to people I use the phrase “coastal chic”. I can’t even put into words how impressive the detail was that they put into every little thing. Not to mention how friendly and helpful all of the employees were. I was truly amazed. My fiancées dad is actually the executive chef there, and he went above and beyond to make our stay one that we will definitely never forget.
Considering the majority of our guests will be travelling from up north, we wanted to find a venue that would provide them with lots to do, as most people will be making a vacation out of it. Margaritaville is not only located right on Hollywood Beach, (in Hollywood, Florida), the intercoastal waterway is directly across the street. There are five different restaurants located right at the resort (the food is AMAZING), and numerous more just a short walk away, along the Hollywood boardwalk. They also provide a huge variety of entertainment. Not only do they have multiple pools to hang out at (even one with a water slide 😋), they often have live bands playing at various locations throughout the resort. On top of that, they have a FlowRider surfing simulator (which is awesome for kids), and stand up paddle board and jetski rentals! There’s literally always something to do there, and its in a very central location, making it very convenient to explore the area.
I truly had the most amazing experience there. Needless to say, we WILL be having our wedding there, and I’m so excited to officially start the planning.
I recently went on another little shopping spree at Bigley’s. I realized that out of everything I was trying on, I kept falling in love with Parker dresses. Which actually worked out in my favour, considering they’re 40% off right now. When I tried on this dress in particular, I knew I HAD to have it.
I love the detail in this dress. The embroidery around the neckline and the embroidery throughout the dress, make it such a stunning piece. The cold shoulders, ruffle sleeves and bottom also make it super trendy for summer.
Normally I would wear a pair of wedges with this dress, such as these. However, when I took these pictures I was actually working at the Beach House. The Michael Kors sandals I’m wearing are my go-to sandals for work, considering they provide total comfort throughout a whole day of being on your feet.
The sunglasses I’m wearing are also from Bigleys. They have SO many chic and stylish sunnies this season, and they just top off any look.
SHOP:Michael Kors Sandals, Parker dress
For the past month my wardrobe has pretty much ONLY consisted of dresses. I’m not a morning person, so dresses have become my go-to considering they’re so quick and easy to slip on and go.
This dress has quickly become one of my favourites. I took this picture super quickly at work today, so unfortunately I only got one. I’m helping out in Bigley’s Beach House this summer, so the last couple weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind. July and August are our busiest months of the year at Bigley’s, and considering customer service is always our number one priority, they need all the help they can get assisting customers.
Anywho, back to this dress! As I said, I’m in love. I love how flowy it is and I find the neckline very flattering. It’s also very unique. It’s designed by Beth & Tracie, out of Barbados. Each individual item of theirs is handcrafted. Therefore, the detail is incredible. It’s hard to see in the pictures, but there’s actually silver sequences sewn in throughout the dress.
As I state over and over again, I’m obsessed with versatile items. I wear this to work, but I also wore it out to a cocktail party in Fort Lauderdale, over Christmas. It’s the perfect dress to take on vacation with you down south.
You can find it at Bigley’s Beach House, or you can purchase it online HERE.
Here is a video I did for Bigley’s social media, of one of our models in another Beth & Tracie dress!
SHOP: Beth & Tracie dress , Michael Kors sandals
Throughout the hot summer months, dresses are a go-to item for me. I find them convenient to just slip on and go. As you’ve probably noticed, I’m also all about versatile pieces. Meaning, items I can wear to a variety of different occasions. I love this dress in particular, for that reason. You can wear it to a backyard BBQ, or you can add some cute wedges and wear it to something a little more formal.
This dress is by Mink Pink. The floral print and ruffle detail on the sleeves make it a super trendy piece for summer. I also love how the tie up detail around the center makes it very slimming! If you’re still working on that summer bod (I know I sure am!), then you will appreciate this dress even more!
The wedges I’m wearing are by Dolce Vita. I wore these wedges for the first time to a graduation recently, and I was thrilled with how comfortable they are. The leather is so soft, it causes absolutely no blistering. The fact that the heel is slightly lower also adds that much more comfort.
SHOP: Mink Pink dress
Dolce Vita Wedges
It’s that time of year again! Bigley Shoes & Clothing is currently having their 106th Anniversary Sale! Almost everything is on sale, going up to 50% OFF storewide! I’ve put together a round-up of some of my favourite items. Most of these pieces I already have, however the ones that I don’t have I’ll definitely be purchasing while they’re on sale. Also, check out the site to find some other sweet deals! Birkenstocks are currently 10% off, and they VERY rarely go on sale, so if you’re in need of some Birks for summer, I recommend buying them now.
- RELIC- Callie Pineapple Applique Double Shoulder Bag- 10% OFF: I absolutely love this bag. Relic is the same designer as Fossil, however Relic handbags are much more affordable then a typical Fossil handbag. Plus Relic bags are currently 10% OFF, making it only $73.80. I think this is such a statement piece, and perfect for summer!
- SPIRITUAL GANGSTER- Good Vibes Arch Sweatpants- 10% OFF: I’m all about a good pair of comfy sweat pants, and I love the message on these Spiritual Gangster ones. They’re super soft, and perfect for a lazy Sunday. Spiritual Gangster is a fairly new brand for Bigley’s, but so far it’s had a very good reaction.
- DEX- Montana Shorts- 10% OFF: These high rise Dex shorts will definitely be a go-to for me this summer. They’re currently 10% OFF, making them only $53.10! I love the detail in them.
- MICHAEL KORS- Geri Leather Slide- 25% OFF: These shoes have literally been my go-to shoes all spring! They’re currently my favourite shoes by far. I love them because they’re so easy to just slide on and pair with so many different looks. I’m even wearing them in my last blog post. They’re 25% OFF right now, making them around $130. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- SAM EDELMAN- Henne Bow Slide- 10% OFF: I recently purchased these last week, as I’ve been eyeing them for quite some time. I think they’re such a cute statement sandal for summer.
- DOLCE VITA- Effie Heels- 10% OFF: I’ve seen multiple fashion bloggers wearing these shoes this season, and for good reason– they’re SO comfortable! The leather is so soft that even you’re first couple times wearing them, you won’t get any blisters. The heel is also very easy to walk in.
- DEX- Phoenix Relaxed Crop Jeans- 10% OFF: These are a staple piece for me this spring/summer. They’re also only $80.10! And if you buy a second pair of pants (any pants in the store), you receive 50% OFF the second pair. However, that offer is only applicable in store.
- EBERJEY- Margarita Bikini- 10% OFF: Eberjey is a new brand that Bigley’s just picked up this season. All Eberjey suits are so soft and comfortable. I also love how their styles are so sweet and chic.
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Brynn Eyelet Romper- 10% OFF: Once again, I’ve recently seen a lot of fashion bloggers wearing this romper. It’s such an easy piece to throw on, and instantly look stylish. This is one of those pieces that you can literally wear anywhere. You can throw on some cute sandals and wear it out shopping with the girls, or you can spice it up with a pair of wedges and some accessories and wear it somewhere a little more formal.
- HUNTER- Original Tall Gloss- 25% OFF: I absolutely love the colour of these Hunters. They’re also 25% OFF, which rarely happens. However, there are only a couple of sizes left, so act now if you’re interested!
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Emanual Top- 10% OFF: I own this top and I love it. It’s the perfect fun and flirty top for summer, to go with a pair of jean shorts or white capris. It’s also under $100.
- FOXY ORIGINALS- Flamingo Earrings- 10% OFF: How cute are these earrings!? They also come in silver, and there’s really cute palm tree ones as well. Such a cute gift idea. I’m getting married soon and my wedding is going to be very tropical as we’re having it in South Florida. I thought these would be such a cute gift for my bridesmaids. They’re also only $27.00 right now! Such a steal!