It’s that time of year again! Bigley Shoes & Clothing is currently having their 106th Anniversary Sale! Almost everything is on sale, going up to 50% OFF storewide! I’ve put together a round-up of some of my favourite items. Most of these pieces I already have, however the ones that I don’t have I’ll definitely be purchasing while they’re on sale. Also, check out the site to find some other sweet deals! Birkenstocks are currently 10% off, and they VERY rarely go on sale, so if you’re in need of some Birks for summer, I recommend buying them now.
- RELIC- Callie Pineapple Applique Double Shoulder Bag- 10% OFF: I absolutely love this bag. Relic is the same designer as Fossil, however Relic handbags are much more affordable then a typical Fossil handbag. Plus Relic bags are currently 10% OFF, making it only $73.80. I think this is such a statement piece, and perfect for summer!
- SPIRITUAL GANGSTER- Good Vibes Arch Sweatpants- 10% OFF: I’m all about a good pair of comfy sweat pants, and I love the message on these Spiritual Gangster ones. They’re super soft, and perfect for a lazy Sunday. Spiritual Gangster is a fairly new brand for Bigley’s, but so far it’s had a very good reaction.
- DEX- Montana Shorts- 10% OFF: These high rise Dex shorts will definitely be a go-to for me this summer. They’re currently 10% OFF, making them only $53.10! I love the detail in them.
- MICHAEL KORS- Geri Leather Slide- 25% OFF: These shoes have literally been my go-to shoes all spring! They’re currently my favourite shoes by far. I love them because they’re so easy to just slide on and pair with so many different looks. I’m even wearing them in my last blog post. They’re 25% OFF right now, making them around $130. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- SAM EDELMAN- Henne Bow Slide- 10% OFF: I recently purchased these last week, as I’ve been eyeing them for quite some time. I think they’re such a cute statement sandal for summer.
- DOLCE VITA- Effie Heels- 10% OFF: I’ve seen multiple fashion bloggers wearing these shoes this season, and for good reason– they’re SO comfortable! The leather is so soft that even you’re first couple times wearing them, you won’t get any blisters. The heel is also very easy to walk in.
- DEX- Phoenix Relaxed Crop Jeans- 10% OFF: These are a staple piece for me this spring/summer. They’re also only $80.10! And if you buy a second pair of pants (any pants in the store), you receive 50% OFF the second pair. However, that offer is only applicable in store.
- EBERJEY- Margarita Bikini- 10% OFF: Eberjey is a new brand that Bigley’s just picked up this season. All Eberjey suits are so soft and comfortable. I also love how their styles are so sweet and chic.
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Brynn Eyelet Romper- 10% OFF: Once again, I’ve recently seen a lot of fashion bloggers wearing this romper. It’s such an easy piece to throw on, and instantly look stylish. This is one of those pieces that you can literally wear anywhere. You can throw on some cute sandals and wear it out shopping with the girls, or you can spice it up with a pair of wedges and some accessories and wear it somewhere a little more formal.
- HUNTER- Original Tall Gloss- 25% OFF: I absolutely love the colour of these Hunters. They’re also 25% OFF, which rarely happens. However, there are only a couple of sizes left, so act now if you’re interested!
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Emanual Top- 10% OFF: I own this top and I love it. It’s the perfect fun and flirty top for summer, to go with a pair of jean shorts or white capris. It’s also under $100.
- FOXY ORIGINALS- Flamingo Earrings- 10% OFF: How cute are these earrings!? They also come in silver, and there’s really cute palm tree ones as well. Such a cute gift idea. I’m getting married soon and my wedding is going to be very tropical as we’re having it in South Florida. I thought these would be such a cute gift for my bridesmaids. They’re also only $27.00 right now! Such a steal!
As you all know I get 90% of my wardrobe from Bigley Shoes & Clothing. Part of me actually feels a little guilty when I shop else wear, considering Bigleys is our family biz. But in all reality, I have absolutely no problem with this considering Bigleys pretty much has everything I could ever want. Especially at the beginning of a new season. I actually have to control myself because I literally want everything in the store right now!
I’ve been eyeing this adorable Parker dress for quite some time, so today I decided to do a little photoshoot in it to see if I REALLY loved it. And of course, I DID! I love how the ruffles make it so unique and stylish. The ruffle trend is also super ‘in’ right now. On top of that, you can never go wrong with a blue and white colour combo. It’s classic.
When I buy something I always think about how much use I’m going to get out of it, and where I can wear it to. I can think of a million places to wear this dress. It’s so easy to dress up or down. From brunching with the girls to going to a summer wedding, it’s completely versatile.
Although the price point is a little on the higher side, it’s an investment piece that I can wear for years to come. Not only during the spring and summer seasons here in Canada, it’s a perfect go-to dress for winter vacays down south!
SHOP: Parker dress , Michael Kors shoes
I recently did this photoshoot with one of our models from Bigley’s, to depict one of this seasons most prominent trends- chambray!
The early days of spring are some of the most unpredictable when it comes to the weather forecast- and thus your outfits can be equally unpredictable. It’s all too common for the temps to rise to 20s one day and plummet to 5 the next. For this reason, having an arsenal of items in your closet that will layer easily, keep you warm or cool you off when needed, and can be dressed up or down is of utmost sartorial importance.If you’re stumped over what to wear this transitional time, we suggest starting with chambray.
The reason being that chambray usually has some weight to it, making it a better transitional option then a lightweight oxford. Roll up the sleeves on warmer days, and layer under a sweater when it’s cooler.
All items are linked below, and all item qualify for free shipping this weekend only! : )
Melissa Nepton dress
Cupcakes and Cashmere top
Dex crop pants
Dolce Vita heels
Cupcakes and Cashmere jumper
Steve Madden shoes
This season we’ve added a few new brands to Bigley’s Beach House, one of them being Eberjey. Eberjey was started in 1996 from the belief that the layer worn next to the heart should express happiness, love, and confidence, all the things that make a woman truly beautiful. Eberjey started out as a lingerie brand and has expanded into a lifestyle brand, including swimwear. Throughout time the Eberjey goal has remained the same: to create must-have pieces that express life, love, and above all joy!
Recently, we decided to do a photo shoot in South Florida (my old stomping grounds), so we could get photos of all of the amazing new swimwear arriving. Bobcaygeon is still covered in snow, therefore locations for swimwear photo shoots were slim to none. The pieces from Eberjey are so gorgeous, that of course they had to tag along with us.
The models wearing these items raved about how incredibly soft and comfortable they felt. Not to mention, they looked cute as a button! Considering the pants make such a statement, you really don’t need to add much else. We accessorized with a simple bracelet and sunglasses. Throw on a cute hat if you’re headed over to the pool bar for a bite to eat.
Bikini bottom: http://www.bigleyshoes.com/collections/eberjey/products/eberj-lbath-mis-w1285ai-bottom
Make room in your closet, because this is a deal that you definitely don’t want to pass up! Bigley’s is offering 50% OFF all handbags from their winter stock, this weekend only! This includes major designers such as Fossil, Mackage, and Vince Camuto. Don’t get me wrong, Bigley’s provides some pretty unreal sales, but this one doesn’t happen very often. In fact, I don’t think this has ever happened!
I’ve put together a round-up of a few bags that I personally would love to have. Most of them are available on bigleyshoes.com (I’ve inserted links). However, if their not online their available in store, which is open from 9am-6pm.
Trust me when I say this NEVER happens! Therefore, if you’re in search of a new handbag I definitely recommend taking advantage of this insane deal!
Fossil Satchel: Available in store or by phone order and they will ship it to you (705) 738-2522
Fossil Peyton Large Double Flap Crossbody
Mackage Rubie Leather with Studs
Available in store or by phone order (705) 738-2522
Mackage Rubie Structured Leather Shoulder Bag in Blush
Mackage Atlas Pebble Leather Envelope Wallet
Available in store or by phone order (705)738-2522
Available in store or by phone order (705)738-2522
Mackage Nynna-C Black Mini Envelope Crossbody
MY FAVOURITE- I have this one and use it constantly. It’s also available in black.
Vince Camuto Izzi- Hanging Tassel Flap Bag
Available in store or by phone order (705) 738-2522 or similar one here
Available in store or by phone order (705) 738-2522
It’s been a while since I’ve done an outfit post, but now that fall fashion is in full effect I figured I better get cracking! If you haven’t checked out Bigley Shoes and Clothing new fall arrivals, I HIGHLY suggest that you do! Even if you don’t live in the Kawartha Lakes area, check out their online store. Their new arrivals are seriously drop dead gorgeous, I literally can’t get enough.
This vest is by Michael Kors and has literally been flying out the door. In fact, there is only one left in stock and it’s a size Large. However, if you’re interested in purchasing this vest, please shoot me an e-mail, and if we get enough requests we may restock. It costs $195.00, and is honestly worth every penny. It’s the perfect statement piece for fall and winter and is nice and cozy. When it comes to washing, you have the option of hand washing it and laying flat to dry or dry cleaning.
These leather booties have become my absolute favourite booties for fall. They are also by Michael Kors, and are so extremely comfortable! I love the charcoal colour because I feel like it’s not a colour that you see on a regular basis. And I love how the lighter hue really adds an extra pop to the bottom half of an outfit. These are available online and in store and will definitely be a bootie that you will have for the long haul.
This hat is by Delux and has always been a “go-to” for me. It can add class and sass to a variety of different outfit styles. And it can also make those bad hair days go un-noticed (Shhh!). This one accessory can truly “make” an outfit, even if its simply a sweater and jeans. Again, definitely worth the purchase.
If you’re a consistent DDR reader, I’m sure you’ve noticed that I often mention Bigley Shoes and Clothing. Bigley’s is our family business, that has been around since 1911! It has been a major part of my life since the day I was born. I’ve watched it grow from two stores into nine, and become more reputable then we ever imagined. My mom and her team (which I’ve just recently joined full-time again), have done an incredible job at bringing high-end fashion to a small town. They provide amazing customer service and have truly put their heart and soul into this business. However, beyond fitting, buying, selling, merchandising, etc., we believe contributing everything we can to support our community is just as important.
For a number of years Bigley Shoes and Clothing has produced an annual event in support of the Ross Memorial Hospital Foundation. Not only does this event raise thousands of dollars for this amazing charity, it also provides a fun night of fashion, cocktails, and socializing, for women and men in and around the community.
The time has come once again for this event to take place. On Thursday, October 6th, 2016, Bigley Shoes and Clothing invites you to attend Harvest for Hope. The night consists of a delicious “Pink Carpet Dinner” and Runway Show, as well as a silent auction with numerous prizes to be won. Including a raffle prize of one pair of shoes (up to $200) every month for a year! And ALL proceeds will be going towards the Ross Memorial Hospital Breast Imaging Services. This year it is taking place at the Victoria Park Armoury in Lindsay, Ontario. Tickets are $60 per ticket, and can be purchased at bigleyshoes.com. It will most definitely be an event to remember!
Hope to see you there!