I don’t know about you guys, but I have major camo fever this fall! I mean, my fiancé is on deployment in Afghanistan right now, so I’m sure that’s adding to my obsession with camo, LOL! But in all seriousness, I can’t stop wearing this camo coat!
This camo coat is by Dex and as soon as it arrived at Bigley’s, I went berserk! I had pretty much hit my budget in terms of clothing for the season, but I just could. not. resist! It’s also only $79.99, which pretty much made my decision for me. Most of the time I wear it with this cute little cable knit sweater underneath (also by Dex). It’s the perfect weight for fall. It’s not too heavy, but when the temperature drops at night, it still keeps you warm enough. I even wore this look to my fam’s Thanksgiving dinner, this past weekend. I decided to cuff the sweaters sleeves over top, just to give it that extra punch!
You could wear almost any pair of jeans with this look. I’ve rotated between black jeans, dark blue jeans, and the pair that I’m wearing.
I find camel (brown, chestnut, whatever you want to call it) accessories , look great with this look too! It adds some richness to the outfit.
Fall has officially started. However, here in Bobcaygeon the weather is giving us mixed signals. One day it’s hot like July, and other days it’s freezing like January. This look is perfect for those days when you just don’t know what to expect, when it comes to the weather. If it’s cooler you have the cardigan to keep you warm, and if it warms up you can just drop the cardi.
Bigley’s has been receiving new arrivals on the daily, and now that I’m back to work full-time, it’s hard to keep my hands off of all the new goodies. I was trying this dress and sweater on the other day, and I loved how comfortable it was. But I wanted to find a cute pair of shoes for it, in order to give it a little bit more sass. Needless to say, these amazing booties were exactly what I was looking for.
These booties are by Gerry Weber, a new brand Bigley’s just started carrying this season. I’ve been wearing them to work all day long, and they’re extremely comfortable. I love how they add the perfect amount of edginess to the look. They can be worn with rolled up jeans and a cute shirt, or with a cute little dress like I’m wearing here. They’re definitely a go-to bootie for me this fall and winter season.
The dress and cardigan I’m wearing are by BB Dakota. Both these items are sooooooo comfortable! I literally feel like I’m in pajamas at work. The dress is also super cute on its on. It’s a tank style top (no sleeves). This cardigan is also a perfect go-to basic for fall and winter. It’s easy to throw on with leggings and high boots, or just over top of a t-shirt and jeans. There’s so many different ways you can wear it, it’s a piece you can’t go wrong with.
To top off the look I threw on this cute little hat, which is available at Bigley’s Beach House.
Here is another look I recently styled for a photoshoot for Bigley’s, with the Gerry Weber booties.
SHOP: BB Dakota cardigan, Gerry Weber booties, BB Dakota dress
I’m pretty sure 90% of the blog posts I’ve done this summer have consisted of dresses, but I can’t help it! Dresses have literally been allll I’ve been wearing lately! However, I’ve been showing you guys my absolute favourites, and I have to add this one to the list!
This dress is by the same designer as a couple of the recent dresses I’ve wrote about- Parker. I wasn’t kidding when I said I stalked up on Parker dresses. They’ve definitely played a major part in my summer wardrobe.
I love how Parker dresses are super stylish and trendy, yet youthful at the same time. They always add so much detail to each garment. This one in particular has the ruffle detail at the top, and black embroidery throughout the top and bottom. The white pin-stripe also makes it a classic.
Here’s the most exciting part of this whole blog post- PARKER IS CURRENTLY 50% OFF AT BIGLEY’S!! How could you possibly go wrong?!
The hat I’m wearing is available at Bigleys Beach House, and is currently 10% off. It’s such a cute touch. The shoes I’m wearing are by Michael Kors. There’s only a few sizes left, however they’re currently 30% off at Bigleys, and they also come in a cognac colour.
SHOP: Parker dress , Michael Kors shoes
I recently went on another little shopping spree at Bigley’s. I realized that out of everything I was trying on, I kept falling in love with Parker dresses. Which actually worked out in my favour, considering they’re 40% off right now. When I tried on this dress in particular, I knew I HAD to have it.
I love the detail in this dress. The embroidery around the neckline and the embroidery throughout the dress, make it such a stunning piece. The cold shoulders, ruffle sleeves and bottom also make it super trendy for summer.
Normally I would wear a pair of wedges with this dress, such as these. However, when I took these pictures I was actually working at the Beach House. The Michael Kors sandals I’m wearing are my go-to sandals for work, considering they provide total comfort throughout a whole day of being on your feet.
The sunglasses I’m wearing are also from Bigleys. They have SO many chic and stylish sunnies this season, and they just top off any look.
SHOP:Michael Kors Sandals, Parker dress
It’s that time of year again! Bigley Shoes & Clothing is currently having their 106th Anniversary Sale! Almost everything is on sale, going up to 50% OFF storewide! I’ve put together a round-up of some of my favourite items. Most of these pieces I already have, however the ones that I don’t have I’ll definitely be purchasing while they’re on sale. Also, check out the site to find some other sweet deals! Birkenstocks are currently 10% off, and they VERY rarely go on sale, so if you’re in need of some Birks for summer, I recommend buying them now.
- RELIC- Callie Pineapple Applique Double Shoulder Bag- 10% OFF: I absolutely love this bag. Relic is the same designer as Fossil, however Relic handbags are much more affordable then a typical Fossil handbag. Plus Relic bags are currently 10% OFF, making it only $73.80. I think this is such a statement piece, and perfect for summer!
- SPIRITUAL GANGSTER- Good Vibes Arch Sweatpants- 10% OFF: I’m all about a good pair of comfy sweat pants, and I love the message on these Spiritual Gangster ones. They’re super soft, and perfect for a lazy Sunday. Spiritual Gangster is a fairly new brand for Bigley’s, but so far it’s had a very good reaction.
- DEX- Montana Shorts- 10% OFF: These high rise Dex shorts will definitely be a go-to for me this summer. They’re currently 10% OFF, making them only $53.10! I love the detail in them.
- MICHAEL KORS- Geri Leather Slide- 25% OFF: These shoes have literally been my go-to shoes all spring! They’re currently my favourite shoes by far. I love them because they’re so easy to just slide on and pair with so many different looks. I’m even wearing them in my last blog post. They’re 25% OFF right now, making them around $130. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- SAM EDELMAN- Henne Bow Slide- 10% OFF: I recently purchased these last week, as I’ve been eyeing them for quite some time. I think they’re such a cute statement sandal for summer.
- DOLCE VITA- Effie Heels- 10% OFF: I’ve seen multiple fashion bloggers wearing these shoes this season, and for good reason– they’re SO comfortable! The leather is so soft that even you’re first couple times wearing them, you won’t get any blisters. The heel is also very easy to walk in.
- DEX- Phoenix Relaxed Crop Jeans- 10% OFF: These are a staple piece for me this spring/summer. They’re also only $80.10! And if you buy a second pair of pants (any pants in the store), you receive 50% OFF the second pair. However, that offer is only applicable in store.
- EBERJEY- Margarita Bikini- 10% OFF: Eberjey is a new brand that Bigley’s just picked up this season. All Eberjey suits are so soft and comfortable. I also love how their styles are so sweet and chic.
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Brynn Eyelet Romper- 10% OFF: Once again, I’ve recently seen a lot of fashion bloggers wearing this romper. It’s such an easy piece to throw on, and instantly look stylish. This is one of those pieces that you can literally wear anywhere. You can throw on some cute sandals and wear it out shopping with the girls, or you can spice it up with a pair of wedges and some accessories and wear it somewhere a little more formal.
- HUNTER- Original Tall Gloss- 25% OFF: I absolutely love the colour of these Hunters. They’re also 25% OFF, which rarely happens. However, there are only a couple of sizes left, so act now if you’re interested!
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Emanual Top- 10% OFF: I own this top and I love it. It’s the perfect fun and flirty top for summer, to go with a pair of jean shorts or white capris. It’s also under $100.
- FOXY ORIGINALS- Flamingo Earrings- 10% OFF: How cute are these earrings!? They also come in silver, and there’s really cute palm tree ones as well. Such a cute gift idea. I’m getting married soon and my wedding is going to be very tropical as we’re having it in South Florida. I thought these would be such a cute gift for my bridesmaids. They’re also only $27.00 right now! Such a steal!
As you all know I get 90% of my wardrobe from Bigley Shoes & Clothing. Part of me actually feels a little guilty when I shop else wear, considering Bigleys is our family biz. But in all reality, I have absolutely no problem with this considering Bigleys pretty much has everything I could ever want. Especially at the beginning of a new season. I actually have to control myself because I literally want everything in the store right now!
I’ve been eyeing this adorable Parker dress for quite some time, so today I decided to do a little photoshoot in it to see if I REALLY loved it. And of course, I DID! I love how the ruffles make it so unique and stylish. The ruffle trend is also super ‘in’ right now. On top of that, you can never go wrong with a blue and white colour combo. It’s classic.
When I buy something I always think about how much use I’m going to get out of it, and where I can wear it to. I can think of a million places to wear this dress. It’s so easy to dress up or down. From brunching with the girls to going to a summer wedding, it’s completely versatile.
Although the price point is a little on the higher side, it’s an investment piece that I can wear for years to come. Not only during the spring and summer seasons here in Canada, it’s a perfect go-to dress for winter vacays down south!
SHOP: Parker dress , Michael Kors shoes
I recently did this photoshoot with one of our models from Bigley’s, to depict one of this seasons most prominent trends- chambray!
The early days of spring are some of the most unpredictable when it comes to the weather forecast- and thus your outfits can be equally unpredictable. It’s all too common for the temps to rise to 20s one day and plummet to 5 the next. For this reason, having an arsenal of items in your closet that will layer easily, keep you warm or cool you off when needed, and can be dressed up or down is of utmost sartorial importance.If you’re stumped over what to wear this transitional time, we suggest starting with chambray.
The reason being that chambray usually has some weight to it, making it a better transitional option then a lightweight oxford. Roll up the sleeves on warmer days, and layer under a sweater when it’s cooler.
All items are linked below, and all item qualify for free shipping this weekend only! : )
Melissa Nepton dress
Cupcakes and Cashmere top
Dex crop pants
Dolce Vita heels
Cupcakes and Cashmere jumper
Steve Madden shoes