Many of you are already aware that Bigley Shoes & Clothing is my go-to place to shop. Not just because I work there and it’s our family biz, but because they literally have everything I could possibly want or need when it comes to fashion. This gift guide provides a variety of different items from Bigley’s, that I personally would love to receive for Christmas. Therefore, if you’re shopping for a girly girl like myself, and are in need a few ideas, hopefully this guide can help!
- Mackage Atlas Pebble Leather Envelop Wallet: Mackage is a Canadian designer out of Montreal. I’m a sucker for Mackage accessories, mainly because the quality is incredible. I love the size of this wallet in particular, because it’s big enough to use a clutch, but small enough to throw in a larger bag if need be. I also love the colour. As I’m sure many of you are aware- blush is a huge trend right now. It adds a statement to any outfit. However, it’s also available in black if your looking for something a little more neutral.
- UGG Dakota Metallic slippers: I don’t know about you, but I basically live in slippers throughout the winter season. And these UGG ones are my fav! I currently have them in camel, but I’ve been eyeing these grey ones. They’re SO cozy and comfy, and let’s be honest- every girl needs a pair of cozy slippers!
- Fossil Pink Stone Rose Gold Earrings: So, funny story- I JUST got my ears pierced like two months ago! And yes…I’m 25 years old lol. I was always too chicken, but now that I have them done I’ve become OBSESSED with earrings! These gorgeous Fossil studs are definitely on my Christmas wish list.
- Celine Dion Interval Clutch: Celine Dion recently came out with a new handbag line, and Bigley’s was one of the first stores to launch it in Canada. Her stuff is gorgeous, but this clutch in particular is one my favs. I love the detail, and I love how versatile it is due to its neutral colour. It’s also available in burgundy and black.
- Brume Nunavut Fur Mitts: These are an extremely good pair of high quality mitts. You’re hands definitely won’t be getting cold with these on. I love how unique they are. I highly doubt you’ll find someone wearing the same mitts as you!
- Fossil Jaqueline Three-hand Leather Watch: Watches have quickly become the definition of arm candy. They can add sophistication or glam to any look. I have a gold Fossil watch that I wear almost daily, but I love the colour of this one. Again, it’s that trendy blush colour, which will add a statement to your look. I can almost guarantee you that any girl would be happy to receive a Fossil watch for Christmas. Bigley’s has numerous different styles to choose from.
- PJ Salvage Haute Spot PJ Set: If you have not yet tried PJ Salvage pajamas, you’re seriously missing out! They’re by far the comfiest pajamas I’ve ever owned, to the point that I rarely wear anything other then PJ Salvage to bed. On top of that, they’re so stinkin’ CUTE! These polka dot ones are on my Christmas wish list, but Bigleys has so many other adorable options as well.
- Michael Kors Jamie Faux-suede Boots: I’ve talked about these boots in previous blog posts, but I couldn’t create a gift guide without including them. I personally already have these boots, and they’ve been one of my go-to’s this season. They’re extremely comfortable and stretchy. Therefore, if you have trouble finding over-the-knee boots that fit your calf, it’s unlikely that, that will be a problem for you with these. I love how they can easily be dressed up or down. Sometimes I wear them with jeans, and sometimes I dress them up and wear them with a skirt or dress. They’re also available in black and burgundy. I highly recommend!
- Cupcakes & Cashmere Prilla Fringe Sweater: I absolutely adore this sweater. I love the flared arms, cable-knit detail, and fringe at the bottom. It’s casual yet stylish and cute. It’s the perfect everyday sweater that I’m sure lots of girls will love!
- Lampe Berger the Cude Scented Boquet Lavender Fields: This is a great gift for anyone. They can place it anywhere in their home, and it gives off an amazing scent. I personally always keep one in my bathroom. This is one of my favourite scents but there’s lots to choose from. It’s decorative and smells amazing. Great gift for your boss, the host, secret Santa, or even your friends and family.
- Secrid Mini-wallet: I honestly feel like everyone should have one of these now-a-days. This is a cardholder that protects all of your information. With technology now, there are ways that people can descreetly scan your purse or wallet and steal all of your personal information (credit card info, personal identity etc.). It’s scary! However, secrid wallets provide a Cardprotector so this doesn’t happen.
- PJ Salvage Modal Basic Nightshirt: I’ve already explained how amazing PJ Salvage pajamas are. I like the nightshirts because they’re lightweight, easy to throw on, and still super comfy. It also comes in black and grey. I assure you, any girl you gift this to will be raving about it for months.
My mom and I recently went to the Miami Swim Show to do the Spring/2018 buy for Bigley’s Beach House. We decided to stay at the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. I’ve been there to eat and hang out by the pool a couple times before, however this was the first time I had the opportunity to actually stay there. We stayed there for four nights, and it was absolute paradise.
I’m currently in the process of my planning my wedding, and my fiancé and I both liked the idea of having it at Margaritaville. Therefore, my mom and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to meet with the wedding planner and check out the venue. To say I fell in love is an understatement.
Margaritaville is inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of singer/songwriter, Jimmy Buffet. It’s an extremely “chill” atmosphere, surrounded by island vibes. The decor and design of the resort is absolutely stunning. When I explain it to people I use the phrase “coastal chic”. I can’t even put into words how impressive the detail was that they put into every little thing. Not to mention how friendly and helpful all of the employees were. I was truly amazed. My fiancées dad is actually the executive chef there, and he went above and beyond to make our stay one that we will definitely never forget.
Considering the majority of our guests will be travelling from up north, we wanted to find a venue that would provide them with lots to do, as most people will be making a vacation out of it. Margaritaville is not only located right on Hollywood Beach, (in Hollywood, Florida), the intercoastal waterway is directly across the street. There are five different restaurants located right at the resort (the food is AMAZING), and numerous more just a short walk away, along the Hollywood boardwalk. They also provide a huge variety of entertainment. Not only do they have multiple pools to hang out at (even one with a water slide 😋), they often have live bands playing at various locations throughout the resort. On top of that, they have a FlowRider surfing simulator (which is awesome for kids), and stand up paddle board and jetski rentals! There’s literally always something to do there, and its in a very central location, making it very convenient to explore the area.
I truly had the most amazing experience there. Needless to say, we WILL be having our wedding there, and I’m so excited to officially start the planning.
Happy New Year! I hope everyone is having a great start to 2017!
These past few months I’ve been working at Bigley Shoes and Clothing (our family business), as the Assistant Marketing Director. My job has primarily involved working on our online store, running our social media accounts, hiring models and styling photoshoots, and developing marketing concepts. I have really been enjoying it, and I look forward to continue growing the online store.
One of my new years resolutions is to become more active on Dolly’s Dressing Room. However, I’ve decided to slightly change the content. Considering that I’m now taking the photos as oppose to modelling for the photos, I’m going to be posting and writing about the photoshoots that I do for Bigley’s. I’m very excited to show you guys my work, and I think that you will really enjoy it!
However, I will still throw in some posts about my personal life as well. That being said, I’ve added some pictures from my recent vacation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My parents have a boat down there, so my entire family went down for New Years, and we all stayed on the boat. I went for Christmas as well and spent a few days at The Westin Beach Resort with my boyfriend. He’s in the US Army, and currently still in AIT training, so we don’t get to see each other a whole lot. That being said, it was AMAZING to spend a full 10 days together! We spent the majority of our time relaxing, hanging out at the beach, and spending time with family.
If you’re a consistent DDR reader, I’m sure you’ve noticed that I often mention Bigley Shoes and Clothing. Bigley’s is our family business, that has been around since 1911! It has been a major part of my life since the day I was born. I’ve watched it grow from two stores into nine, and become more reputable then we ever imagined. My mom and her team (which I’ve just recently joined full-time again), have done an incredible job at bringing high-end fashion to a small town. They provide amazing customer service and have truly put their heart and soul into this business. However, beyond fitting, buying, selling, merchandising, etc., we believe contributing everything we can to support our community is just as important.
For a number of years Bigley Shoes and Clothing has produced an annual event in support of the Ross Memorial Hospital Foundation. Not only does this event raise thousands of dollars for this amazing charity, it also provides a fun night of fashion, cocktails, and socializing, for women and men in and around the community.
The time has come once again for this event to take place. On Thursday, October 6th, 2016, Bigley Shoes and Clothing invites you to attend Harvest for Hope. The night consists of a delicious “Pink Carpet Dinner” and Runway Show, as well as a silent auction with numerous prizes to be won. Including a raffle prize of one pair of shoes (up to $200) every month for a year! And ALL proceeds will be going towards the Ross Memorial Hospital Breast Imaging Services. This year it is taking place at the Victoria Park Armoury in Lindsay, Ontario. Tickets are $60 per ticket, and can be purchased at bigleyshoes.com. It will most definitely be an event to remember!
Hope to see you there!
For the consistent DDR readers, you are most likely already aware of my obsession with candles. I have candles lit throughout my place at all times. Therefore, you can only imagine how many scents and brands I’ve tested. As I stated in a previous post (best candles for summer), my favorite brand has always been Bath & Body Works.
Bath & Body Works candles are the perfect 3-wick candle. Their made using the highest concentration of fragrance oils, an exclusive blend of vegetable wax and wicks that won’t burn out. They melt consistently and evenly, radiating enough fragrance to fill an entire room. And their topped with a silver, flame extinguishing lid. They burn for approximately 25-45 hours and measure 4” wide x 3.5 “ tall. Plus, their constantly having sales, which makes them very affordable.
I love candles because they have the power to completely change the atmosphere of any room. From holiday parties, to cozy nights around the tree, to baking nights with the girls, candles have a way of setting the tone for any particular event. Not to mention, they’re a perfect gift for any girl!
Today, I’ve put together a round-up of my favorite holiday candles!
- Sparkling Icicles: let your holiday party sparkle with this bright fragrance of moss, bergamot, and a finishing touch of citrus.
- Winter: (my favorite scent of all) Pine needles, icy mandarin, and winter woods capture the magic of glittering icicles and sparkling snow.
- Vanilla Bean Noel: a creamy blend of vanilla bean, rich cocoa, and sweet cream, with a touch of caramel and brown sugar.
- Jingle All the Way: currently sold out! However, I’ve linked a similar fav!
- Salted Caramel: currently sold out! However, I’ve linked a similar fav!
It seems like every girl has a beauty guru bestie in her life (or maybe you are that girl!). She’s always up to speed with the hottest nail colors, she can pull off the bold lips, and she’s the first person you go to for tips on how to get rid of those dark circles under your eyes. You couldn’t live without her expertise. So to show her how much she means to you this holiday season, here are a few fun gift ideas that go beyond a pre-packaged soap set…
- Buxom Full-bodied Lipgloss
- Glam Glow Youth Mud
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Butter Nail Polish
- Beauty Blender
- Go Smile Teeth Whitening Gel
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Wash
- Clarisonic Skin Cleaning System
- NARS Blush, Contour, and Lip Palette
Considering that it’s December and I’m still enjoying 72 degree weather (22 degrees C), the cozy scarves and heavy trench coats aren’t exactly an option to wear to holiday parties this season. Therefore, I’ve put together a look that is perfect for Florida weather, but can also be worn in colder temperatures, simply by slipping on a pair of tights.
This skirt is by Michael Kors and can be purchased at Bigley Shoes & Clothing. It’s currently the best statement piece that I own. Considering that it really stands out, pairing it with basics is ideal, and adding a ton of accessories isn’t necessary. I’m wearing it with these amazing Michael Kors boots (that I’ve literally been wearing with everything lately!), and a sleek Michael Kors leather jacket, from last season. If these items are a little over your budget check out this jacket from Forever 21 and these Steve Madden boots, which would also work great, at a more affordable price point. This bag is also a great substitute, for only $15!
I hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday season so far!