Throughout the hot summer months, dresses are a go-to item for me. I find them convenient to just slip on and go. As you’ve probably noticed, I’m also all about versatile pieces. Meaning, items I can wear to a variety of different occasions. I love this dress in particular, for that reason. You can wear it to a backyard BBQ, or you can add some cute wedges and wear it to something a little more formal.
This dress is by Mink Pink. The floral print and ruffle detail on the sleeves make it a super trendy piece for summer. I also love how the tie up detail around the center makes it very slimming! If you’re still working on that summer bod (I know I sure am!), then you will appreciate this dress even more!
The wedges I’m wearing are by Dolce Vita. I wore these wedges for the first time to a graduation recently, and I was thrilled with how comfortable they are. The leather is so soft, it causes absolutely no blistering. The fact that the heel is slightly lower also adds that much more comfort.
SHOP: Mink Pink dress
Dolce Vita Wedges
It’s that time of year again! Bigley Shoes & Clothing is currently having their 106th Anniversary Sale! Almost everything is on sale, going up to 50% OFF storewide! I’ve put together a round-up of some of my favourite items. Most of these pieces I already have, however the ones that I don’t have I’ll definitely be purchasing while they’re on sale. Also, check out the site to find some other sweet deals! Birkenstocks are currently 10% off, and they VERY rarely go on sale, so if you’re in need of some Birks for summer, I recommend buying them now.
- RELIC- Callie Pineapple Applique Double Shoulder Bag- 10% OFF: I absolutely love this bag. Relic is the same designer as Fossil, however Relic handbags are much more affordable then a typical Fossil handbag. Plus Relic bags are currently 10% OFF, making it only $73.80. I think this is such a statement piece, and perfect for summer!
- SPIRITUAL GANGSTER- Good Vibes Arch Sweatpants- 10% OFF: I’m all about a good pair of comfy sweat pants, and I love the message on these Spiritual Gangster ones. They’re super soft, and perfect for a lazy Sunday. Spiritual Gangster is a fairly new brand for Bigley’s, but so far it’s had a very good reaction.
- DEX- Montana Shorts- 10% OFF: These high rise Dex shorts will definitely be a go-to for me this summer. They’re currently 10% OFF, making them only $53.10! I love the detail in them.
- MICHAEL KORS- Geri Leather Slide- 25% OFF: These shoes have literally been my go-to shoes all spring! They’re currently my favourite shoes by far. I love them because they’re so easy to just slide on and pair with so many different looks. I’m even wearing them in my last blog post. They’re 25% OFF right now, making them around $130. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- SAM EDELMAN- Henne Bow Slide- 10% OFF: I recently purchased these last week, as I’ve been eyeing them for quite some time. I think they’re such a cute statement sandal for summer.
- DOLCE VITA- Effie Heels- 10% OFF: I’ve seen multiple fashion bloggers wearing these shoes this season, and for good reason– they’re SO comfortable! The leather is so soft that even you’re first couple times wearing them, you won’t get any blisters. The heel is also very easy to walk in.
- DEX- Phoenix Relaxed Crop Jeans- 10% OFF: These are a staple piece for me this spring/summer. They’re also only $80.10! And if you buy a second pair of pants (any pants in the store), you receive 50% OFF the second pair. However, that offer is only applicable in store.
- EBERJEY- Margarita Bikini- 10% OFF: Eberjey is a new brand that Bigley’s just picked up this season. All Eberjey suits are so soft and comfortable. I also love how their styles are so sweet and chic.
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Brynn Eyelet Romper- 10% OFF: Once again, I’ve recently seen a lot of fashion bloggers wearing this romper. It’s such an easy piece to throw on, and instantly look stylish. This is one of those pieces that you can literally wear anywhere. You can throw on some cute sandals and wear it out shopping with the girls, or you can spice it up with a pair of wedges and some accessories and wear it somewhere a little more formal.
- HUNTER- Original Tall Gloss- 25% OFF: I absolutely love the colour of these Hunters. They’re also 25% OFF, which rarely happens. However, there are only a couple of sizes left, so act now if you’re interested!
- CUPCAKES & CASHMERE- Emanual Top- 10% OFF: I own this top and I love it. It’s the perfect fun and flirty top for summer, to go with a pair of jean shorts or white capris. It’s also under $100.
- FOXY ORIGINALS- Flamingo Earrings- 10% OFF: How cute are these earrings!? They also come in silver, and there’s really cute palm tree ones as well. Such a cute gift idea. I’m getting married soon and my wedding is going to be very tropical as we’re having it in South Florida. I thought these would be such a cute gift for my bridesmaids. They’re also only $27.00 right now! Such a steal!
“Dressing well is a form of good manners”, Tom Ford once stated. I believe this statement means, if you’ve gone to the effort of dressing your best (or well), it shows a sign of respect to whoever crosses your path or whoever you have planned to meet. This doesn’t mean you have to dress like you’re meeting the Queen everyday. It means dress respectively for the occasion.
I recommend buying statement pieces that can easily been paired with basics, for quick and easy stylish looks. For instance, the grey Soia & Kyo coat I’m wearing is a go-to statement piece for me (ps. it’s on sale right now!). Everything else in this look is very plain and simple. I love it because this outfit literally takes no effort at all, yet looks super trendy. It’s also very versatile. I wear this to the office yet I’ve worn this to host a fashion show recently, as well.
Now don’t get me wrong, this coat is once again an investment piece. However, it’s not an item that I’m only going to wear for one season. It’s incredibly good quality, therefore it’s not easily replaceable. Yes, I could potentially go to a store such as Forever 21 and find something somewhat similar, but I will most likely only get two or three washes out of it, and have to throw it away. I have no problem spending a little extra money on a piece that’s worth it.
I also want to point out my love for the jeans I’m wearing. They’re by Yoga Jeans. Yoga Jeans have a five-way stretch, therefore they’re extremely comfortable! I have yet to see someone try these on and NOT fall in love with them. I also love the zipper detail on the bottom.
Last but not least, I can’t go without talking about the Michael Kors shoes that I’m wearing. I’ve worn these shoes more then any other pair of shoes that I own this spring. Once again, they add a statement to the most basic looks. They’re so easy to slide on and they go with almost everything. They’re 100% my favourite pair of shoes right now.
SHOP: Soi & Kyo coat, Yoga jeans, Michael Kors shoes, DEX t-shirt