I’ve always been one of those people who would rather eat cookie dough with a spoon than wait for it to be baked into cookies. And when that cookie dough happens to be high in protein, high in fiber, vegan (no raw eggs to worry about!), and free from processed sugar- then why not, right?
Don’t knock chickpea cookie dough until you try it!
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or sweet cocoa nibs
1. Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, agave, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer your “dough” into a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Chill in the fridge or freezer until cold. Note: This treat tastes much better chilled than at room temperature.